Welcome to the 8 Week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) programme. The MBSR programme is an evidence-based course that has many scientifically proven benefits including helping people to cope better with day to day stress and anxiety. It can help improve mood and mental, emotional and physical wellbeing, aid sleep, help people cope better with pain and can even aid memory, concentration, awareness and other cognitive skills! It has also been shown to help prevent relapse of depressive symptoms.
The course which will be made up of a combination of mindfulness practices, and teacher and group discussion in a supportive and safe environment. You will be supported in developing your own practice through weekly homework. You will be provided with weekly handouts and guided audios via this e-learning package to guide you in your learning and practice.
What can I get from doing the 8 Week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course?
- Learn and become confident in using a wide range of ‘formal’ mindfulness meditation practices using the breath, body and senses including body scan, mindfulness movement and seated meditation practices.
- Learn to live more mindfully and with more awareness in your day to day life using ‘informal’ mindfulness practices. As a result this can aid our relationships, connections and communications, and help us become less caught up in negative thoughts, feelings and behaviours
- Develop more helpful and healthy responses to stress
- Recognise patterns of worrying and patterns in your thinking that can generate more stress
- Develop your own practical self-care ‘toolkit’ that is there for you whenever you need it
- Above all become empowered to confidently use mindfulness in your day to day life during and after the course
We have a web page dedicated to this course where you can find out further information, start dates and a self assessment form to apply: https://yogasmiths.org/mindfulness-wirral/
Below you can access the course content including pre-course information, handouts from the weekly sessions and the recorded guided practices. Course content will be made available each week after the session has taken place.
Our contact details:
Paul 07834 268 052 and email: email@example.com
Steve 07809 298 478 and email: firstname.lastname@example.org