Susan Maire is a regular Thursday Yoga class member. We both have regular sports massage with her and enjoy the benefits of doing so. We firmly believe that a combination of Yoga and regular massage helps to keep you in great condition! Susan currently has a great offer on at the moment that new clients can take advantage of, 3 massages for the price of 2, this works out at 3 massages for Â£60. We will hand you over to Susan from Susan Maire Sports Massage to talk about massage…..
What is Sports Massage?
- Massage is one of the earliest forms of physical therapy and was used over 3000 years ago in China, India and Greece.
- It involves manipulating soft tissue.
- Soft tissue is connective tissue that has not hardened into bone and cartilage eg muscles, skin and fascia.
- Itâ€™s designed to assist in correcting problems and imbalances in soft tissue that are caused from repetitive and strenuous physical activity and trauma.
- A sports massage, prior to and after exercise, may enhance performance, aid recovery and prevent injury.
Q: Is it just for athletes?
A: Not at all! Soft tissue massage can help almost anyone who is experiencing aches and pains, whether they are caused by sport, work or from sitting too much in a car or at a computer.
Q: Does it hurt?
A: Massage of tight â€œknottyâ€œ muscles can be uncomfortable as they are released, however as a therapist I believe itâ€™s important to communicate with clients throughout the treatment to ensure that it isnâ€™t too painful.
I donâ€™t believe itâ€™s a case of no pain no gain!
Q: How long does it take to work?
A: This depends on lots of factors. Iâ€™d expect most clients to see some benefit in the day or two after a treatment. However, if an injury has been present for some time itâ€™s likely to take more than one session to correct it. I will usually suggest some stretches to do between sessions too.
Q: Do I need to be injured to benefit?
A: No definitely not! As with most things prevention is usually better than cure and picking up and correcting tight areas may prevent an injury.
- Iâ€™m based in West Kirby and have a clinic room at home. Iâ€™m a keen triathlete and understand the love of training and racing.
- I love what I do as I get to see real improvements in clientsâ€™ pain and movement.
- I have a Level 3 VCTC qualification and full insurance.
- Sessions cost Â£30 per hour and I offer reductions for regular clients booking blocks of sessions.
Susan can be contacted via her Facebook Business page, link below;
And by telephone on 07702 827022
If you enjoyed our Guest Blog about Susan Maire Sports Massage then check out our other blogs at: https://pauls93.sg-host.com/blog/